Monday, August 24, 2020

Introduction to me and covid for history project

Hey, so my name is James Batts and i'm a junior at the University of Kentucky for the fall 2020 semester . I am going to be turning 21 in October of this year. I am a white middle class male from a small Kentucky town outside of Lexington that has around 1200 people or so. I attended a public school system that got in the news a few times for some things. I'm a mathematics major and have a bit of coding knowledge. 

My sibling is diabetic and has a weaken immune system, my family has an VA doctor and a retired hospice nurse. So far my close family hasn't been affected by it much, but I do have a couple of relatives that went somewhere and then tested positive for the virus. One of those was cleared from it then it came back and it got a bit worse for that person. As far as I know that is the closest I've been in contact with this virus.

 I think that with my sibling having a weakened immune system has made it a bit difficult for us to try to not accidentally pass it on to them. I think that it's been a bit more of the burden with that but our lifestyle is a bit introverted, at least I am, so while it's been hard for some of my relatives because they are more extroverted, we don't socialize that much with them anyway so it's fine for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

economic and political impact of a vaccine

If one of the major powerhouses of the US, Russia, or China get an effective vaccine with the others lagging behind in that aspect, I would ...