Thursday, November 5, 2020

Games, school and Andy

 This photo was taken during Governor Andy Beshear's address that he gave to the residents and citizens of Kentucky having to announce that Kentucky has to report that we now have over 1,000 covid related deaths here in the commonwealth. I found that the address he gave was really emotional and sincere about having to mourn and remember those that we've lost around the world but also here in the commonwealth.  

With people showing their support to those who have lost people during this pandemic with green lights, we wanted to show our support as well but we had an issue because the lights on our front porch is out and use old bulbs that hardly get made anymore. So something that we thought to do was to make cranes for every Kentucky death related to covid since the start of the pandemic when KY first got a related covid death. My family has done our best to keep up with the numbers reported to us by Governor Andy Beshear.
I'm doing my best adjusting to taking all online classes and trying my best to keep up with my work since i'm not in classes or in a dorm to keep track of myself more easily. The one thing I'm hoping to not do again is to not do my online homework for my calculus class because that hurt last semester especially after the switch to online.
 I spent Wednesday of last week having to take a Calculus 3 test. We were asked to join a zoom meeting to be on as we take the test. While I get why they're doing it, I found it a bit annoying because I had to have my camera on while taking the test, and it was slightly uncomfortable for me. Part of the reason I didn't like it that much is that the camera on my laptop seems to be bad. If I have my camera on, I would be cast in darkness even if I had the sunlight and an overhead light on in the room. O



So there's a game that has recently gotten big even though it was released around 2 years ago. I had asked some of my family on Friday if they wanted to play it, and we got a lobby and played few games. We got on a zoom meeting so we can talk just not through the game chat. Before we actually started we tried to discuss which platform (zoom or discord) was the best option to talk through when we had the ability.  On Saturday, I spent a little bit of time to play 2 games with my parents and grandparents, of the game called Among Us. I made a discord server for us to do it on because I'd thought that that would be the best way, partly because I was watching some people stream the game and that was how they were doing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

economic and political impact of a vaccine

If one of the major powerhouses of the US, Russia, or China get an effective vaccine with the others lagging behind in that aspect, I would ...