Monday, October 12, 2020

covid, class and college

I think that covid hasn't really been equal in the opportunity for learning during this mess. I think that it has mainly hurt those that are from a lower class family. I also think that the rural folks are a bit harmed too because of possible access to liable and stable internet. I think that it also hurts those who can't access the help they need as well as they could have without this stuff. There's a possibility that there's also not having the help at home that some need, with parents working and cant help with an issue and to make sure they're doing the work and looking after themselves without the ability of a babysitter.

I am not sure mostly because I don't think I know what the hardship clause would entail, if it was like if the student wasn't able to perform to standard due to accessibility, then yes I think that there should be a clause stating that in this time where we have to do online stuff and those who aren't technologically adept enough at the moment shouldn't be punished because they don't know what to do about something. 

My experience with online learning has been mostly positive, I have been doing decently well in making sure I remember which class i need to hop into the zoom meeting. I'm not sure enough to make a decision about the job market after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

economic and political impact of a vaccine

If one of the major powerhouses of the US, Russia, or China get an effective vaccine with the others lagging behind in that aspect, I would ...